Welcome to the
Association of African Private Universities
The Association of African Private Universities (AAPU) is an international forum for African Private Universities with its headquarters in Kano, Nigeria. The association intents to have a strong forum for partnership collaboration mechanism among the member institutions. AAPU was founded in November 15, 2018. The association aimed at promoting among member institutions such as Academic Collaboration for Research, Staff and Student Exchange, and dealing with bottlenecks that is hampering the developmental growth of African Private Institutions.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Promote cooperation among member institutions in Curriculum Development, Research, Quality Assurance, Determination of Equivalents of Qualifications and other matters with special interest to Development of Higher Education in Africa.
- Promote cooperation with Government Regulatory Agencies in Higher Education to enhance Quality Assurance particularly as it affect recognition of Private Universities and Accreditation of their Programmes.
- To encourage and empower member institutions to address developmental challenges to become Centre of Excellence in Research and Development in Higher Education.
- To collect, classify and disseminate information on Higher Education and Research particularly in Africa.
- To prepare and conduct joint scientific research projects and publish their outcomes.
- To act as a mediator between Government and member institutions in disputes, disagreement and any matters relating to African Private Institutions.